How to Start Making Bitcoins
- First, you’ll need a Bitcoin Wallet.
You’re going to need a secure place to store all the bitcoins you make, which is why you need a bitcoin wallet. Getting one is relatively easy, you just have to choose a website or software program that is specially designed for doing so. Through your bitcoin wallet you will be able to make transactions and see all of the details of your account. If you are not sure where to start when it comes to finding the right bitcoin wallet for you, this website offers the service for free and sign up is quick and simple. You’ll just need to create a password. After clicking start a new wallet button at the top of the page, just follow the easy instructions.
- Next, Find out Your Bitcoin Address.
Every bitcoin wallet is issued it’s own unique address. In order to learn yours, start by logging into your wallet, and then click on either receive money or receive coins. Here, you will find your bitcoin address displayed. It will be a rather lengthy address, 34-36 characters, to be exact. This address is very important, for it is where all of your payments will be sent.
- Lastly, Purchase with Cash.
Visit the Blockchain.info homepage and type your bitcoin address into the search box. You will be directed to a page that displays all of your past transactions. Since you have only just created your address, you will find that no information is displayed yet.
Other Methods for Getting Bitcoins
- Bitcoin Exchanges such as Mt.Gox and Intersango allow people to trade between bitcoins and other traditional currencies. On these sites, once you have set up your account you will have the option to tranfer money straight into the exchanges account. The next step would be to setup an “Ask” or “Buy” order and proceed to purchase the corresponding amount of bitcoins for the current rate of exchange.
- There are a few Free Sites, such as dailybitcoins.org where they actually give you a small number of free bitcoins each day.